Thursday, February 10, 2011

Papa

Several days ago, Ellenor asked me "can I call you Papa?" I answered that she already has a Papa and he is at his Army work. I told her that I was her Ponka (the name I somehow inherited) and could not be her Papa.

As I pondered upon this event, I began to think about the spiritual parallel. How often are we in situations where we find ourselves separated from our heavenly 'Papa'? In those times of alienation, do we look for a substitute, a surrogate 'Papa'? Are we willing to attach ourselves to another out of loneliness or fear?

Sweet Ellenor, what a trooper at the age of 2. Your papa loves you dearly. You will be with Papa in only 34 more days. Till then, you can share your hugs with me all you want. To everyone else, remember we already have a 'Papa" in God. He loves us unconditionally. When we find ourselves separated from Him, He is still there waiting for us to seek Him.

1 comment:

  1. Sniff. Sob. Way to make me cry, Dad! Thanks for writing this; you have been such a gift to the kids these last weeks.

    ReplyDelete