Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Summer of Fun????

With the kids (and grand kids)home from China in July, expectations were high for a summer filled with fun activities. Funny how the unexpected seems to happen. The week before they arrived, my summer changed.

In late June, the Doctors determined to try to let my foot heel on its own. After nearly 2 years of injuring my ankle, they suddenly put me in a walking cast for 4 weeks. July is not the most ideal time to wear a boot but 4 weeks is not that long of a time to attempt to avoid surgery. It became a real adventure trying to do things with grand daughters (3&5). I managed to survive the test period and even managed several weeks of swimming & games with the girls before the next phase of summer.

Not being successful in the ankle repairing of itself, surgery was recommended and approved by the insurance company. One minor 'little' hitch arose, a sliver. Pulling weeds, I got a sliver in my finger. The sliver became infected to the point of requiring surgery and daily anti-biotic infusions for almost 4 weeks. So I went from a boot on the foot to a club on the arm and a pic line in the other arm. Needless to say, the foot surgery was placed on hold till the infections were totally cleared up. There goes the month of August and part of September.

Finally, with the infections clear, surgery on the foot was scheduled. On October 10th, I had the peroneal tendons in the right foot repaired. The doctor said they (the tendons) were shredded. Recovery is expected to take 8-12 weeks. This, being only day 3, has the indication of extending the 'Fun' into the winter.

I know from Eccl 3:1 that "To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven". I know God has a reason for all thing, thus I will use this time to seek the reasons of God. Rather than dwell on these things and have an Eore attitude (Oh Bother, Why me????), I envision this season as a time of restoration (Body and Heart towards the things of God).

No comments:

Post a Comment